July 10, 2014, 10:43pm
- More than 50 locations worldwide have formally banned selfie sticks — though not Auschwitz. But maybe these so-called ‘narcissticks’ aren’t such a bad thing?
- “Love is love,” President Obama tweeted in response to the recent Supreme Court decision. But in Israel, love is not love because love is held hostage by archaic marriage and divorce laws.
- #Happy4th! Looking for a great pareve salad to add to your bbq tonight - here's a delicious option!
- While writing a feature story about Kentucky Jewish history, Josh Nathan-Kazis was challenged about a bit of equine history and wound up learning way to much about a stuffed horse.
- Jewish federations have lost their place as the centerpiece of our communities over the past decades. George T. Caplan and Steven Windmueller lay out an agenda to reverse this trend.
- New York Times’ Judith Shulevitz argues that new proposed affirmative consent laws will harm the accused. But perhaps we should be taking the victims into account.
- Mayim Bialik is in Israel, and by the looks of it, she's having a blast. Pool views, spice-scenes from the shuk, visit to ruins — can we come along next time?
- In Eli Shapiro’s short film, ‘Ike Talks to God,’ a young Jewish and very average insurance clerk chats with an ambivalent god in an apocalyptic world.
- Susan Ahyed’s court battle began when the rabbi at her friend’s funeral told her to move back to the women’s section.
- Tomorrow is the #4thofJuly! Celebrate with this very patriotic and Jewish frozen hot chocolate!
- As ISIS declares war on Hamas, J.J. Goldberg looks at the way the group in Gaza has fractured, with extremist elements proving more and more dangerous.
- Happy 4th of July weekend! What are your plans?
This year, Independence Day, the fast of Tammuz and Shabbat all coincide.
- He will always be her Bibi.
- From Adam Sandler to Anthony Weiner, here's a short history of the viral Jewish content.
- The new Wet Hot American Summer trailer is out and it's hilarious! And there's even some Hebrew in it.from-cache