June 29, 2014, 2:24pm
- Life on Mars? It might be a reality for this brave Jewish doctor.
- Jews, like others, don’t like to talk about suicide. Judith Posner, whose son died by suicide, says it’s time to break the silence.
- How Aviya Kushner’s search for the appropriate words to say at her sister’s wedding leads her on a quest for self-awareness — and biblical knowledge.
- Are we part of the problem?
- "Our opinion is that the Israel experience should be free of charge, like Birthright Israel, as the only effective way to attract teens en masse to go to Israel."
- "So maybe Ashley Madison was the safest place to save a marriage. How’s that for a twist?"
- Preparing your reading list for this fall? We've got some amazing recommendations, from Gloria Steinem to our very own Sigal Samuel.
What books are you looking forward to? Let us know in the comments!
- This deliciously fruity galette is perfect for Rosh HaShanah!
- Why are critics of the Iran deal so quick to trash anyone who takes a different view? J.J. Goldberg has got a diagnosis for the feverish behavior.
- "Recently a friend explained why she planned to register to vote for the first time in order to place her ballot for Donald Trump: “He’s good for the Jews.”
No, he isn’t."
- Birthright is great at giving Jewish youth a free taste of Israel once they’re past high-school-age, Elan Ezrachi writes. But what about teenagers?
- Is the new Star Wars a Nazi dystopia?
- Should we as Jews demand a more accurate media representation of history – even in guilty-pleasure soaps such as Downton Abbey?
- It's no accident that this Wagner opera was the first to break Israel's ban on the composer.
- Who would have seen that one coming, other than everybody?from-cache