March 20, 2012, 8:16pm
- No word on whether Drake's new restaurant will be available for bar mitzvahs.
- Ben Shahn was a propagandist and proud of it! http://jd.fo/d8Q1l
- Bestselling author of thrillers, Brad Meltzer, and his wife open up about life, loss and what it’s like to spend Yom Kippur in Thailand.
- For #BannedBooksWeek, Talya Zax celebrates "Forever..." by Judy Blume. What's your favorite Jewish banned book?
- James Rhodes discusses suffering, religion, and developing a tolerance for Wagner.
- Sunday is Pickle Day! How do you like you pickles? Let us know in the comments.
- J.J. Goldberg breaks down Mahmoud Abbas' #UNGA speech.
- An Orthodox woman is suing Lucille Roberts for revoking her membership after she tried to work out in a skirt.
- Jewish groups hope that petitions and calls to the White House will convince the government to let in more Syrian refugees. But will it be enough?
- Forbes just released their top 400 richest people in America, so you know what that means: the Forward’s curated list of the top richest Jews!
- “The fact that Hollywood’s blond bombshell and violet-eyed siren were both converted Jews was significant: It signified a growing popular acceptance of Jewish public figures.”
- "When I tasted the traditional version I was transported to my grandmother’s table, suddenly recalling the room, the voices, the smells, and the tastes of that long-ago time as if I were there. "
- Meet the extraordinary Jewish winners of the prestigious MacArthur Foundation "Genius" grant!
- "When a woman took the Torah out of the ark the first day of Sukkot and led it around the women’s section, my daughter sulked and kept her hands to herself instead of reaching out to kiss it."from-cache